Application Issues

To process a student's request for financial aid, we must consider/review the following applications:

1.  SUNY Application for Admissions- To qualify for financial aid, a student must be matriculated.  This means the student has applied for admission to SUNY Adirondack, been accepted and is enrolled in classes required for a SUNY Adirondack degree or certificate program.  Please review Admissions for additional information regarding this process.

2.  Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)-   Students interested in federal grants, loans or work-study opportunities need to complete the FAFSA annually.  Also, New York State requires completion of a valid FAFSA prior to students' application for state grants and scholarships.  The vast majority of students complete the FAFSA online at (  Worksheets are available in the Financial Aid Office if you opt to complete prior to entry online.

3.  Express TAP Application (ETA)-  The ETA is used to determine eligibility for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).  For the most part, TAP is limited to full-time (12 or more credits required for a SUNY Adirondack degree or certificate program) students, however part-time students registered with the College's Accessibility Services Office are encouraged to inquire about their individual eligibility under ADA guidelines.

close X