Wednesday, March 26, Nursing Alumni Event in the Student Center
- Noon - 4:00pm Health Sciences Career and Transfer Day - Meet local employers and admissions representatives from BSN programs. Joann Kreig-Gleason, Department Chair from SUNY Plattsburgh will attend to discuss the new 3+2 option with SUNY Adirondack and SUNY Plattsburgh at the Queensbury Campus.
- 3:30pm - 6:00pm Nursing Alumni Reception with refreshments
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
Sunday, April 6, SUNY Adirondack Alumni Night with the Adirondack Phantoms
- 3pm game against division rival Albany Devils
- Enjoy a great game of hockey with your family and fellow alumni for just $15 per ticket
- Proceeds from tickets benefit the SUNY Adirondack Trio Upward Bound Program
Tuesday, April 8, ACC - SUNY Adirondack historical talk with Dr. Norm Enhorning and Professor Nick Buttino
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm in Scoville Auditorium
- Discussion led by Dr. Enhorning and Prof. Buttino about the college's past presidents and the events that shaped their tenure.
- This event is part of Inauguration Week activities for Kristine D. Duffy, who will be installed as the college's seventh president on April 11, 2014. The historical talk precedes a faculty recital which will begin at 7:30pm in the Theatre and is open to the public.
Saturday, April 11, SUNY Adirondack Alumni Business Dinner
- This is an evening for networking with both alumni and students enrolled in the college's business majors. Learn about innovations in the department like the entrepreneurship program and the Small Business Development Center.
- Hiland Park Country Club in Queensbury
- Reception and cocktails begin at 4:30pm
- Dinner 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- For tickets call Heidi Durkee at 518 743-2211
Wednesday, April 23, Alumni Culinary Dinner
- We have reserved a table for alumni for a meal prepared by our fourth semester culinary arts students under the supervision of Chef William Steele. The theme for the menu is California Cuisine.
- The price is $23.95 per person for a three course meal. We will meet at 6:00pm at the Culinary Center, 410 Bay Road, Queensbury.
- Please RSVP to Jill Vogel, SUNY Adirondack Foundation, 640 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY 12804 to reserve your seat. Checks can be made out to the SUNY Adirondack Foundation.
Friday, May 2 Expo and $5,000 cash raffle to benefit scholarships at SUNY Adirondack
- Enjoy a night of music, art, silent auction and cash raffle prizes as the college celebrates the last Friday of the academic year.
- Raffle tickets are $50.00 each with a chance to win $5,000, $1,000 or $500 cash prizes plus three $300 door prizes. Over 100 silent auction items will be available to bid on. Heavy hors d'oeuvres are included and a cash bar will be available.
- Proceeds benefit student scholarships. Click HERE for more information.
Thursday, May 15 Commencement
- Volunteers are welcome to greet guests and hand-out programs, seat graduation attendees and staff the refreshment tables during the graduation reception. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Friday, May 30 Lyman A. Beeman, Jr. 25th Annual Golf Tournament
Held at the Hiland Golf Club in Queensbury, NY, the tournament is organized by the SUNY Adirondack Foundation and proceeds benefit SUNY Adirondack student scholarships. Over $25,000 was raised in 2013 for students.
Click HERE for more information.
Alumni Lunch at the Culinary Arts Center - November 2, 2013
On Saturday, November 2, a group of our alumni enjoyed a delicious three-course lunch at the SUNY Adirondack Culinary Arts Center! Many thanks to Bill Steele and our Culinary Arts students for an afternoon of gastronomic delight!
Left to right - Patricia and Richard Dudley (Dick's a member of the Class of 1963), Julie Gorman '76, Bonnie Yanklowitz '65, and Sean Mathews, an English adjunct instructor at SUNY Adirondack.
Bill Steele, associate professor of commercial cooking and director the SUNY Adirondack Culinary Arts Program, chats with Bonnie Yanklowitz.
Homecoming and Family Weekend October 11 - 13, 2013
We had a great turnout for Homecoming and Family Weekend, and many thanks to the alumni who attended! The weather was perfect, the food and entertainment were first rate, and the men's soccer team beat Fulton-Montgomery CC!
Here are some photos from the weekend, which began with an exclusive alumni-only reception Friday evening with Dr. Kristine Duffy and ended with brunch on Sunday, courtesy of Chartwells.
Business Professor Emeritus Mac Edwards chats with Brenda Bulman, Class of 1965.
Former Director of Athletics and Hall of Fame inductee Bob Harris talks with John Paul Brown, Class of 1968.
Betsy Rabida, former Director of Financial Services at SUNY Adirondack and Class of 1973, meets up with Julie Steves Gorman, Class of 1976.
Dominic Barber (Class of 1969) and Kathy Barber and Diane Santa Croce (Class of 1967) and Jon Santa Croce (Class of 1968).
Hey - Dick Dudley, Class of 1963, shows that he still fits into his ACC college jacket! He's chatting with his wife Patricia and college president Dr. Kristine Duffy.
Party under the tent Friday night!
The Jonathan Newell Band warms up the crowd prior to Friday fireworks.
Beth Braxton, race director for the SUNY Adirondack CARES 5K race/walk Saturday morning, gives the field some last minute instructions.
Rachael Hunsinger Patten, executive director of the SUNY Adirondack Foundation, crosses the finish line for the first time with Beth Wright, Class of 1973.
Jason Kudron, men's division winner and overall winner.
Kelly Armer, women's division winner.
All (or most of) our winners - and SUNY Adirondack's Business Division wins Best Team Finish! (That's Business Division Chair Nick Buttino in the yellow and green shirt in front with the trophy.)
Physics Professor Emeritus Stu Leinoff and Colleen Massa, Class of 1987 and former coordinator of SUNY Adirondack's Wilton Center, re-connect at Saturday's tailgate party.
Student trustee Victoria Rexrode-White gets into the spirit of Homecoming.
Athletic Hall of Fame inductees Doug Luke, Rich Johns and Bob Harris outside following halftime of the men's soccer game.
Doug Luke, Bob Harris and Rich Johns with their plaques following the induction ceremony. Congratulations, gentlemen, to the Class of 2013!
Alumni Volunteer for Move-In Day!
Thank you to Dominic Barber, Regina Hillier, Jennifer Rhal Dray and Brian Dray, Bristie Harrington and Connie Bosse for your help. Scenes from the big move can be found HERE.
Special Reception for alumni who graduated from 1961-1968
The SUNY Adirondack Alumni Association hosted a special gathering on July 24, 2013, for all alumni who attended classes at the original building in Hudson Falls from 1961 to 1967. The building is now known as the Washington County Annex, part of the Washington County Municipal Center. Kevin Hayes '76, Washington County Administrator led a tour which was followed by refreshments and a question an answer with former faculty Dr. Norman Enhorning, Mac Edwards, Ron Moss, Steve Borgos, Bob Addison, and Business Division Chair Nick Buttino.
A photo of the former Griffin Lumber Co. building in Fort Edward. The building served as the site of the Adirondack Community College campus from 1961 to the spring of 1967.
Members of the SUNY Adirondack Association Book Club - all are welcome!
SUNY Adirondack Alumni Book Club Meeting Schedule for Fall 2013
The SUNY Adirondack Alumni Association has announced meeting dates for the Alumni Book Club for Spring 2014:
Wed., March 19 - 630pm to 730pm - Bishop Community Conference Center, Scoville Learning Center.
Wed., April 16 - 630pm to 730pm - Bishop Community Conference Center, Scoville Learning Center.
Wed., May 21 - 630pm to 730pm - Bishop Community Conference Center, Scoville Learning Center.
Members of the Club choose our topics and the topics have been varied from young adult realistic fiction to plays. Our discussions are always lively and animated.
The Book Club is being facilitated by alum Pam Frazier, Class of 1976. Bring a beverage and Pam will supply the snacks!
For Book Club information, contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.