DEPARTMENT: Advisement & Career Services Center
DIVISION: Student Services
UNIT : This position is a part time professional position and is not represented by a recognized labor unit.
The incumbent will assist the student success areas, primarily focusing on retention initiatives student advisement and success. The work schedule will fluctuate based on college need, but will not exceed 999 hours per position in any fiscal year. There may be weeks when work hours are not needed for this position during times when student traffic flow is low. The rate of pay is $20 per hour.
- Assist with college-wide retention efforts, including, but not limited to call, email and letter campaigns
- Provide academic and career planning for students
- Serve as liaison between student services and faculty divisions.
- Effectively communicates registration and advisement information to faculty and students
- Assist with new student matriculation, placement procedures
- Create and present workshops related to advisement and career services.
- Provide general advisement services in the Center.
- Support online resources related to assigned programs.
- Promote marketing strategies for the Center
- Assist with the administering of placement testing.
- Assist with new student registration process.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and proficient use of technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in related area (Education, Student Services, Educational Technology, Counseling etc.) is required. 1 – 3 years of experience in student services is preferred.
Master’s Degree preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to:
Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2013. Review is ongoing until the positions are filled.