FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, the Research Analyst is responsible for a broad range of research activities that provide information in support of institutional planning, policy formulation, and decision making at the college. The Research Analyst position requires excellent technical and analytical ability, with major emphasis on data extraction, analysis, computer applications, and information reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate and prepare data submissions required by the State University of New York, New York State Education Department, and the Federal government.
- Ensure the accuracy of all data collected, including identifying data inconsistencies that require resolution prior to reporting and analysis.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal and external data and information requests.
- Create and refine reports using ARGOS reporting software in Banner Student Information System.
- Under guidance from the Director, produce analytical reports in support of college planning, decision making, and general operations on such topics as student success, retention, persistence, graduation, cohort tracking, and institutional effectiveness.
- Plan, prepare, and produce a variety of regular and ad hoc data queries and reports, including the annual Fact Book.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals providing technical assistance in the development and execution of research and evaluation projects, including design, implementation, analysis, and report preparation.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with other campus offices, external data collectors, and contacts at other institutions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with a strong quantitative component. Two years relevant experience working with data and presenting summary information in an educational or similar setting. Experience must include demonstrated analytical and technical skills as described in job responsibilities;
- Preferred: Master’s degree with related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of research design, research methods, and statistical analysis;
- Strong ability to interpret data and effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
- Ability to organize research results and conclusions for effective presentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and SQL, and experience using statistical software.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (i.e., pivot tables, formulas, graphing, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within established guidelines and parameters with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to anticipate and meet firm deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills. Critical thinking and analytical capabilities to analyze and interpret data, and recognize/resolve inconsistencies.
- Ability and desire to acquire new knowledge and skills independently.
Salary - $48,000
Application review will begin immediately and continue until filled.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer