SUNY Adirondack is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator. Position duties include: day-to-day processing of payroll, establish payroll best practices, and develop management reports and benefits. SUNY Adirondack offers a dynamic work environment with an excellent benefit package and room for personal and professional development. $50,000 salary range.
FUNCTION: Ensure the processing, accuracy and integrity of the college’s biweekly payroll, all related reports, and maintenance of the master tables for the BANNER computerized payroll system. This position requires an individual to facilitate both macro and micro payroll processes, administer the retirement and fringe benefits components of the compensation package and have general knowledge of Human Resources functions.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of the college’s biweekly payroll for all staff and students through detailed knowledge of all variables and the implementation of such. Respond to employee questions regarding payroll.
- Analyzes, interprets and sets up parameters of the complex BANNER payroll system in order to update and maintain all required data for the processing of payroll, and the production of required payroll and fringe benefit reports. This requires understanding, updating, and maintaining BANNER data tables, and the testing as well as verification of the impact BANNER system changes. In addition, the position is responsible for creating and maintaining appropriate controls over the payroll system.
3. Manages BANNER to effectively utilize the web time entry component for time reporting, appropriately train managers and employees to use web time entry. Administer the leave accrual component of BANNER and maintain the necessary reports.
4. Designs and implements effective reporting procedures and products; in doing so the manager utilizes current technology (i.e. reporting tools such as ARGOS, and all other reporting tools that effectively interface with BANNER and/or are generated directly from BANNER).
5. Ensures timely and accurate reporting for all payroll and fringe benefits, including but not limited to: Social Security, ACA, NYS Department
of Taxation, IRS, three retirement systems and all W-2s. The manager does this through the analysis, interpretations of procedures, and the set-up of SICAS modifications of the BANNER payroll system. Maintains working knowledge of all local, State and Federal regulations relating to employee payroll and benefits administration.
6. Assists in the development and monitoring of payroll and fringe related budgets.
7. Supervise the work of assigned personnel by:
- Allocating and coordinating inter and intra office procedural flow;
- Guiding and advising co-workers in the more complex phases of their work
- Training employees; and
- Evaluating HR/Payroll personnel as assigned by the Director
8. Provides direction to Administrative and Academic Offices as well as the IT Department in the design, implementation and use of payroll related personnel workflows.
9. Ensures retirement plans are administered in accordance with Federal and State regulations and plan provisions are followed.
10. Provides administrative support to the office as needed (i.e., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
11. Refines existing procedures and maintains effective interdepartmental communications; communicates with all employees who may be
affected by payroll activities and decisions.
12. Conducts special projects as directed.
13. Cross trains within Human Resources department to have a basic understanding of all functions of the Human Resources office.
14. All other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field; minimum of 3 – 5 years experiencein payroll processing; knowledge of current State and Federal payroll and insurance and retirement regulations. Bachelor preferred; BANNER experience preferred, equivalent required.
For consideration, email email@example.com with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
Review of applications will begin July 10, 2015.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer