FUNCTION: The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for ensuring compliance with and effectively administering all federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs. The Director will provide the vision and leadership for the Financial Aid Office and be responsible for the management, training, and development of staff.
- The Director of Financial Aid reports to the Dean of Enrollment Management & Marketing.
- The following positions report to the Director of Financial Aid: Assistant Directors, Office Specialist, and Account Clerk.
- Provide effective and productive leadership, communicates clear and concise objectives, and delegates duties strategically as part of an overall efficient office operation.
- Possess strong analytical skills that allow for data analysis, strategic projections and integrated approaches that contribute to the successful attainment of the College's and division's strategic plan, goals and objectives.
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of all student financial aid programs administered by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Serve as the institution's financial aid compliance and subject area expert insuring intimate knowledge of the federal and New York State financial aid programs, regulations and policies with the ability to acquire and coordinate college resources to achieve compliance.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Office of Financial Aid including monitoring productivity, setting expectations and deploying resources to meet changing office objectives.
- Accountable for the fiscal soundness of the financial aid programs, including developing packaging policies that support enrollment and retention objectives, fund utilization, and regulatory compliance.
- Works collaboratively to coordinate communication efforts that support and promote recruiting and retention efforts.
- Formulate and oversee institutional financial aid policies, procedures and operations.
- Effectively oversee the internal and external communications the office conducts with both on and off campus constituencies as well as students as they progress from applicants to graduates.
- Ensures the timely delivery and accuracy of data, applications and reports as required by internal entities, governmental agencies and other external reporting bodies representing student aid programs.
- Responsible for the advancement of technology as it relates to the identification and advancement of the office's electronic systems, providing for increased automation and student self-service opportunities within the college's information systems.
- Supervise, train, evaluate and develop professional and support staff.
- Foster strong partnerships within the College community
- Represent SUNY Adirondack with relevant financial aid organizations, SUNY System, and work closely with other external constituents.
- Make presentations at college events and, as requested, by high schools and other external organizations.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Management and Marketing.
- Bachelors in related area required; Masters in related area preferred;
- 4-5 years supervisory experience in higher education financial aid required.
- Banner Information System experience desirable.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
SALARY RANGE: $60K -$70K (Based on experience)
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
Review of applications will begin October 26, 2015 and continue to be reviewed until position is filled.