POSITION TITLE: Web Applications Developer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
FUNCTION: Web Applications Developer will work in collaboration with other programmers, ITS staff and support personnel across campus, to provide technical design, development and implementation of web and mobile applications.
- Design, code and edit web pages, web applications and mobile apps, as well as web page content or support others producing content.
- Administer the college’s web server(s), content management system and related systems.
- Confer with management or development teams to problem solve, prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies (including federal accessibility guidelines Section 504 and 508) or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites operations, security or other issues.
- Perform web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any web site or product revisions.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
- Acts as liaison with college divisions/departments, providing training and technical support for the web presence.
- Evaluates and recommends software, hardware and process improvement for use in the college’s web application infrastructure.
- Assists, supports, and works with other IT staff in developing integrations and add-ons to the college’s enterprise systems.
- Develops interfaces to external systems.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required plus three years of professional work experience, strong technical sense, investigative mentality and good communication skills.
Must have experience with Linux O/S, a relational database (Oracle preferred) and HTML5. Preferred: Experience in the following: Drupal, PHP, Java/JSP development, jQuery, PL/SQL, Apache Web server & Tomcat administration, SSL, Git. Some off/hour and weekend work will be required to respond to critical problems and modifications.
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names, emails and numbers of 3 professional references.
Review of applications begins June 15, 2015.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer