ON-GOING RECRUITMENT OF PER DIEM STUDENT SUCCESS ASSISTANTS.
These positions provide no guarantee of hours.
Function: Assist the student success areas, primarily focusing on retention initiatives student advisement and success.
- Assist with Accepted Student Days including the advisement and registration of new students
- Provide academic and career planning for students
- Assist with college-wide retention efforts, including, but not limited to call, email and letter campaigns
- Effectively communicates registration and advisement information to faculty and students
- Assist with new student matriculation, placement procedures
- Create and present workshops related to advisement and career services.
- Provide general advisement services in the Center.
- Assist with the administering of placement testing.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and proficient use of technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in related area (Education, Student Services, Educational Technology, Counseling etc.) or 1-3 years relevant experience with advising, student services or in a higher education setting required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
640 Bay Rd.
Queensbury, NY 12804