Call for Continuing Education Instructors:
SUNY Adirondack invites applications for part-time, non-credit Continuing Education instructors to support a growing program.
Instructors with experience in all specialties are welcome. In particular, instructors with experience in the following disciplines are sought:
- Project Management
- Computer instructors experienced in MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, Prezi, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Social Media, HTML, CSS, AutoCAD
- Test Prep—GRE, ACT, SAT
- Pre-employment and Aptitude Testing
- Foreign Languages
- Mechanical Systems
- Team Building and Leadership
- Control Systems technology and PLC industrial technology
- Sustainable agriculture
- Programs for youth—Science & Technology, Robotics, Engineering
- Health Sciences- Medical Billing & Coding
- Cooking and Nutrition
- Financial Management
- Arts & Crafts including fiber arts—knitting, sewing, crochet; photography; paper craft
- Teaching classes to students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Providing effective classroom instruction, using methods and materials applicable to the subject matter, including computer software and classroom instructional technology, where appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate and timely student records as required.
- Participating in a department-led orientation.
- Creating curriculum and course materials, where appropriate.
Continuing Education instructors teach classes for adults and children in our Community Outreach, Workforce Development and Contract Training programs on a day, evening or weekend schedule, as determined by College, instructor and student needs. Payment is commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. These positions are not benefits eligible.
Please note that the SUNY Adirondack non-credit instructor pool is open to applications on a continuous basis. Applications will remain on file and screening and/or interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the need arises. Once a screening has occurred, applicants will be notified of their status.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with resume and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an idea for a course, we also invite you to submit a course proposal form. Forms are available at http://www.sunyacc.edu/academics/continuinged/newcoursedevelopment.