- Student Life Home
- Clubs and Organizations
- Intramural Sports
- Student Activities
- Student Handbook
- Student Senate
- This Week at SUNY Adirondack
- Visual Arts Gallery
- Student Housing
- Fitness Center
- Tobacco Free
- Orientation Information
Residence Life Program Goals
GOALS of the Residential Life Program:
The Office of Residence Life will:
1. Create an atmosphere conducive to learning, to provide referral to appropriate academic support services, and to provide and assist in the academic advising process in the residence hall.
2. Implement and foster a comprehensive educational component supporting students by providing programming enhancing understanding of cultural, ethnic, gender, physical, racial, sexual orientation, and religious differences.
3. Create and maintain a residence hall community in which students take responsibility for comprehending and enriching their environment while respecting the rights and needs of others within the SUNY Adirondack community.
4. Provide students with affordable and comfortable on-campus housing accommodations.
5. Facilitate the adjustment and transition of new students to the SUNY Adirondack through various programs (e.g., new student orientation).
6. Provide a disciplinary structure promoting and encouraging student accountability and responsibility.
7. Provide values-based educational programming to raise student awareness of social, emotional, mental and physical health, substance abuse, and responsible sexual behavior.
8. Stimulate and encourage student participation in campus and community organizations.
9. Strengthen recruitment and selection procedures; to attract a high quality and diverse professional and para-professional staff.
10. Provide a comprehensive training and developmental program for professional and para-professional staff.
11. Have professional staff stay abreast of trends in higher education by keeping pace with student development theory through publications, attendance at conferences, and participation in professional organizations.
12. Provide a comprehensive ongoing evaluation/assessment of the housing and residence life operation including its personnel, programs, and procedures.