Student Success Assistant (Part-time)
This position will assist the student success areas, primary focusing on retention initiatives, student advisement and success. The work schedule will fluctuate based on college need. There may be weeks when work hours are not needed for this position when student traffic flow is low. The rate of pay is $20 per hour.
- Assist with college-wide retention efforts, including, but not limited to call, email and letter campaigns
- Provide academic and career planning for students
- Serve as liaison between student services and faculty divisions.
- Effectively communicates registration and advisement information to faculty and students
- Assist with new student matriculation, placement procedures
- Create and present workshops related to advisement and career services.
- Provide general advisement services in the Center.
- Support online resources related to assigned programs.
- Promote marketing strategies for the Center
- Assist with the administering of placement testing.
- Assist with new student registration process.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and proficient use of technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in related area (Education, Student Services, Educational Technology, Counseling etc.) is required. 1 – 3 years of experience in student services is preferred. Master’s Degree preferred
Application review will begin on July 18, 2014. Application accepted until positions are filled.
For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title as the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer