- Student Life Home
- Clubs and Organizations
- Student Activities
- Student Handbook
- Student Senate
- This Week at SUNY Adirondack
- Visual Arts Gallery
- Student Housing
- Fitness Center
Company on the Journey to College
TRiO Upward Bound is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education to accompany high school students on the path to developing the skills and motivation necessary to graduate from high school, move on to college, and to succeed. Students in Upward Bound are either income eligible or from families in which neither parent/guardian holds a 4-year college degree.
Since 1999, TRiO Upward Bound has partnered with hundreds of local students in achieving their personal and academic goals. All Upward Bound activities are fully funded and provided at no cost to participants.
TRiO Upward Bound program hosted by SUNY Adirondack serves students from Fort Ann, Fort Edward, Glens Falls, Hudson Falls and South Glens Falls school districts.
TRiO Upward Bound offers a 6-week summer program on the SUNY Adirondack campus that affords students new opportunities:
- Core Courses that support academic success in high school
- Elective Courses that are challenging, rewarding and fun
- Cultural Events & Field Trips including overnight trips to regional colleges and universities
- Community Service projects
During the school year, TRiO Upward Bound advisors meet with students to address:
- Academic Skill Development
- Career Awareness
- College Exploration
- College Preparation including Admissions & Financial Aid information