Certification Process

VA ONCE Enrollment Certification

After you have applied for your Veteran's Benefits you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility Letter from the VA stating the type of benefits, the amount of benefits, the number of months of eligibility and the date the benefits expire.  Once you have registered for classes, you will need to submit a copy of your DD214 or NOBE to the School Certifying Officer (SCO) located in the Registrar's Office, along with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility Letter from the VA. 

For EACH semester you want your coursework certified to the VA by the college, you must submit a REQUEST for CERTIFICATION and your most recent Degree Evaluation.  The School Certifying Official will prepare an enrollment certification stating the number of credits you are enrolled in and will submit this information electronically to the VA Regional Office in Buffalo, NY. It may take from 6 to 12 weeks before payment authorization is made.

WAVE Enrollment Certification

On the 30th/31st of each month, all Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 recipients must call 1-877-823-2378 or access the Website https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do to verify their enrollment status. Please call (888) 442-4551 if you need to speak with a Veterans' Counselor for Assistance.

close X