Tuition & Fees

Degrees with value

As part of the State University of New York System, SUNY Adirondack combines competitive degree and certificate programs and low-cost tuition.

With tuition less than any other local institution, public or private, SUNY Adirondack offers its students an affordable, first-rate education.


How much will college cost me?

According to a recent Forbes report, the national average cost of attending a four-year public college is more than $28,000 per year.

We can help you cut your costs.

Starting your education by earning an associate degree at SUNY Adirondack and transferring to a bachelor's program at a 4-year school after graduation can save you considerable money. 

Here is a breakdown of our general college costs, but remember, what you will pay depends on the amount of financial aid you receive.

Tuition and Fee Schedule

2018-2019 Tuition and Fee Schedule


 Full-Time Student Tuition (per semester):

(A full-time student is one enrolled for 12 credit hours or more)

New York State Sponsor Area Resident / NYS Non-Sponsor Resident with Certificate of Residency


New York State Non-Sponsor Resident With-Out Certificate of Residency


Non-New York State Resident


Non-New York State Resident Annual Capital Charge


Excelsior Scholarship tuition rate 


Part-Time Student Tuition (per credit hour):

(A part-time student is one enrolled 1 thru 11 credit hours)

Qualified New York State Residents enrolled in ADK courses at their high schools

Non-New York State Residents enrolled in ADK courses at their high schools



New York State Sponsor Area Resident / NYS Non-Sponsor Resident with Certificate of Residency


New York State Non-Sponsor Resident With-Out Certificate of Residency


Non-New York State Resident


Non-New York State Resident Capital Charge


Summer Student Tuition (per credit hour):

New York State Sponsor Area Resident / NYS Non-Sponsor Resident with Certificate of Residency


New York State Non-Sponsor Resident With-Out Certificate of Residency


Non-New York State Resident


Non-New York State Resident Capital Charge


Off-peak classes for part-time New York State Resident students with Residence Certificates. See College Prep in the College catalog.


Off-peak classes for part-time Out-of-State Residents and Others without Residence Certificates. See College Prep in the College catalog.



 2018 - 2019 FEE SCHEDULE



Course Lab, Studio, Activity and External Testing Fees:

(Classes as specified in College catalog or schedule) 


Credit by Examination (per credit hour)


DANTES - Exam Administration Fee


Enrollment Fee


One-time fee charged in first enrolled semester

Graduation - Diploma Fee:


Each additional diploma in the same year


Diploma Replacement Fee


Health Science Students:

Nursing Fee - per semester


NUR102 - Challenge Test


NUR103 - Challenge Test


NUR104 - Challenge Test



International Student and Scholar Health Insurance Plan Fees

The following fees, which include the Premium, Mandated Taxes and Fees, User Service Charge, and an Administrative Fee charged to oversee this Plan will be applicable:

International Inbound Rates 

Annual (08/15/17 - 08/14/18): $1,492.28

Fall (08/15/17 to 01/14/18): $624.45

Spring (01/15/18 to 06/14/18): $618.45

Spring/Summer (01/15/18 to 08/14/18): $867.83

Summer/Short Term (05/15/18 to 08/14/18): $376.07

Monthly: $124.69

Short Term Rate (for participant only) with 

Health/Accident/Medical Evacuation/Repatriation (Up to 16 days): $66.45


Study Abroad Rates 

Annual (08/15/17 - 08/14/18): $563.04


Fall (08/15/17 to 01/14/18): $235.60

Spring (01/15/18 to 06/14/18): $233.60

Spring/Summer (01/15/18 to 08/14/18): $327.44

Summer/Short Term (05/15/18 to 08/14/18): $327.44

Monthly: $46.92

Short Term Rate (for participant only) with Health/Accident/Medical Evacuation/Repatriation (Up to 16 days): $25.38





Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Policy:

12 Months: $80.52

6 Months: $40.26

Monthly: $6.71

The Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Policy rate is available for eligible students who have provided proof of comparable major medical coverage and who have completed a Waiver Request Form which is on file on Campus.

The Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Policy is mandatory for all applicable students unless the Student provides a completed Waiver Request Form and proof of comparable major medical coverage. Although a Waiver Request form may be accepted, when travelling abroad, all students who have received a waiver will be required to purchase this Policy only.


Non-Credit Fees:

Books and/or Materials 


Processing fee for awarding Continuing Education Unit





Non-Credit Tuition:

Non-credit tuition varies widely by course, check current offerings for more information


Parking Fee (per semester)



Parking Fines:

Zone A - Fines in Visitors and Reserved Areas

· First Offense


· Second Offense


· Third Offense


· Additional Infractions Zone A


Zone B - Fines in Handicap, Roadways, Driveways, Sidewalks, Fire Lanes, No Parking Zones, Grass

· First Offense


· Additional Infractions for Zone B



Private Music and Voice Lesson Fee: (14 half-hour sessions)


Proctor Fee (per exam)


Replacement Key (for students enrolled in science laboratory classes)


Returned Check Fee (per check)



Student Activity Fees (per semester):

Full-time students


Part-time students (per credit hour)



Student Development Fee (all students, per semester)
Formerly Wellness Fee 



Student I.D. Card (per semester) $5.00
Replacement (Early Admit Students exempt) $15.00
SUNY Adirondack Application Fee $35.00
Technology Fees (per credit hour)
Note: Some exceptions may apply to this fee
Transcript Fee (Official Academic)
Special Delivery Requests Per Vendor Contract
Tuition Late Payment Fees:
Full-time student $20.00
Part-time student $10.00
Late Registration Reactivation Fee $25.00
Single Bedroom (Resident Assistant's; Others Based on Availability) $5,025.00
Double Bedroom (Standard Configuration) $3,930.00
Triple Bedroom (Based on Availability) $3,355.00
Single Suite: One bedroom, one bathroom and a common lounge area (limited availability)
Double Bedroom (Based on Availability) $4,260.00
Triple Bedroom (Standard Configuration)



Residence Hall Fee (per semester): $30.00

Choose one:  Plan A, B, C or D

Plan A:  200 meals per semester, $100 declining balance $1,870.00
Plan B:  150 meals per semester, $400 declining balance $1,870.00
Plan C:  125 meals per semester, $550 declining balance $1,870.00
Plan D:  240 meals per semester, $100 declining balance $2,215.00

Home state advantage

When it comes to college, being a resident of New York state can save you big bucks.

New York residents receive a considerable discount on in-state school tuition at New York public colleges and universities.

To receive the benefits of in-state tuition, all student must complete a Certificate of Residence each year from their home county. 


Certificate of Residence FAQs

You are considered a New York resident if you meet one of the requirements below:

• Your permanent residence is in New York state and you have lived there for a year or more immediately preceding your registration.

• You are a resident alien and have had a permanent residence in New York State for a year or more immediately preceding your registration

• You are in the armed services (or married to someone in the armed services) on active duty and stationed in New York State.  (A copy of your active military ID is required on file with Student Accounts).

The legal residence of a college student is presumed to be the residence of the parent, guardian or any other permanent residence prior to the student’s enrollment at the college. Residence is not gained or lost by attending college and such attendance does not change a student’s legal residence. However, a married student, or one who is working full-time in New York for more than one year, may establish his or her own residence.

The address of a vacation home or a residence while away at school does not qualify as a permanent residence.  Students who have not resided in the state for at least one year or who have a permanent residence in another state must pay the non-resident tuition rate.

New York State Education Law requires all students to show proof of residence upon enrolling in a community college.

A Certificate of Residence allows SUNY Adirondack to bill your home county for part of your tuition costs, which helps pay for your education. 

If you fail to file a Certificate of Residency each year, you will be charged at a higher rate (non-resident tuition).

Student are solely responsible for proving residency requirements.

Warren and Washington county residents can complete the form that is available online, sign the form in the presence of a notary Public (Notaries are available in Student Accounts) and submit the notarized form to Student Accounts. DOWNLOAD FORM              

Saratoga County residents can complete the application that is available online and submit this application to the Saratoga County Treasurer’s office to obtain the actual Certificate of Residence ( a gray 8 ½-by-11 inch form).  This actual Certificate of Residence must then be submitted to Student Accounts. DOWNLOAD FORM

Residents of all other counties must obtain the Certificate of Residence from the County Treasurer of the county you reside in and submit that certificate to Student Accounts.

Note:  If you have been a resident of more than 1 county during the 6 months preceding registration, you must file a Certificate of Residence from each county indicating the number of months in each county.

Certificate of Residence forms can be completed no more than 60 days prior to the start of classes and no later than 30 days after the start of classes. New York state counties are only required to issue and honor certificates of Residence within this time frame. After the first 30 days of classes, most counties will no longer issue a Certificate of Residence, which means the student must pay non-resident tuition charges.


Certificates of Residence are valid for one year from the date issued. Students must complete a new Certificate of Residence each year.

Once you have received the document from your county,  submit a Certificate of Residence to Student Accounts, located in the Business Office, within 21 days of the start of classes.


New York State Education Law grants students 30 days from the start of classes to get a certificate from your home county. 

Estimate your costs

What is price of attendance?

In order to determine how much aid a student is eligible to receive, a cost of attendance is established which factors in expenses such as tuition, fees, room and board (includes on campus, off campus and living with parents/family), transportation, books and supplies, and personal needs.

Students are awarded aid -- scholarships, grants, and loans -- to assist in covering these charges.  A student's aid cannot exceed the student's cost of attendance. 

Students can determine an estimated cost to attend SUNY Adirondack using the SUNY Net Price Calculator (NPC).  The NPC presents an estimated calculation of what a new freshman or transfer student may expect to pay to attend SUNY Adirondack.

NOTE: While the NPC is a valuable tool, families should realize that these are estimated values only and students will receive their individual awards from the SUNY Adirondack Financial Aid Office.  Please keep in mind that a student's out-of-pocket expenses may be less than estimated from NPC.


Billing and Tuition Payment Checklist

After registering for classes, you will receive a tuition bill from the Student Accounts/ Bursar's Office.

Payment due dates are scheduled approximately four weeks prior to the start of the first day of classes for the Fall semester and two weeks prior to the start of classes for the Spring semester.  

1. Submit a Certificate of Residence if you are a New York state resident (obtained no earlier than 60 days before the start of classes) to Student Accounts. This form is required to qualify for the New York state tuition rate.  

2. If utilizing financial aid, check your financial aid status by logging into Self Service Banner, where you can review your bill to determine the amount of tuition you owe.   

3. Make a payment or set up a payment plan HERE or send a check or money order payable to SUNY Adirondack to the Student Accounts Office.


How do I pay for college?

The Student Accounts Office, sometimes called the Bursar's Office, is responsible for student billing and revenue collection.

Student Accounts oversees monthly payment plans, deferred tuition payments, refunds, collection of past due student accounts and all departmental transactions.

Learn more about student billing and paying by clicking HERE.