The Admissions Technology Specialist serves as the office operations manager incorporating technology solutions to ensure an effective Admissions Office work flow. This includes importing application data into Banner, maintaining student information files, and working with Information Technology to develop data and statistical reports. In this role, the individual must be proactive and willing to constructively and collaboratively work with other offices across the college to improve inter-office communications and processes such as: Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Residence Life, Registrar, Student Success, Information Technology, and Faculty.
1. Monitors the operations process flow from point of inquiry to point of acceptance, to include application processing to ensure an efficient and streamlined process.
2. Collaborate with the Admissions Team to improve the application work flow overall and for selective programs (i.e. Nursing), specific transfer paths, and dual admission programs.
3. Act as the main liaison with Faculty for selective programs (i.e. Nursing) regarding application process, workflow, requirements, review , and student communications.
4. Collaborates with Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Student Success, and Information Technology on technology-related processes associated with the admission operation and implement new technologies and improve upon existing processes.
5. Oversee the online application retrieval process executing processes to clean data and remove duplicated and corrupted data.
6. Reviews confidential student information to ensure application files are complete and assists Admissions Team members in the review process.
7. Ensures that department processes are consistent with Banner and college data polices and ensure integrity of admissions data entered into systems/databases.
8. Articulate the admission and financial aid processes and counsel prospective students and parents through those processes.
9. Assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the office including providing direction and assistance to the Office Specialist. Coordinates student inquiries for Admissions Team members and assist the Office Specialist during busy times or when necessary.
10. Assists in the execution of a student relationship management system for inquires, applicants, pending applicants, and accepted applicants through mail, email, text, and other technologies (i.e. student portal).
11. Provides periodic data reports to the Director to improve conversion rates, overall yield and recruitment targets. Develop and maintain online surveys as part of a continuous improvement assessment to gauge satisfaction and/or effectiveness of recruitment events and marketing initiatives.
12. Coordinates the document imaging process within Banner for transcripts in collaboration with Information Services.
13. Meets with families and prospective students in the absence of an Admissions Staff Team member or as needed.
14. Represent the College at evening and/or weekend college fair programs on an as needed basis.
15. Assists in the supervision of Student Ambassadors and the tour guide schedule in the absence of the Director or Admissions Counselor.
16. Prepare reports and complete special assignments, as required.
17. Participates on Banner workgroups and other college committees.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, technology, or related field.
· Work experience in improving work flow processes through technology.
· Demonstrated work experience of two years or more in office operations, preferably in a higher education environment.
· Strong analytical, communication, technology, creative, and customer service skills.
For consideration, email email@example.com with the corresponding job title as the subject line.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of 3 professional references.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until position is filled.
SUNY Adirondack values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer