Accessibility Services

SUNY Adirondack is committed to providing access to students with disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Students wishing to receive that access must first follow the registration process below.

* * * * * * * *


Getting Started

As a college student with a disability, you will need to request your accommodations through the Accessibility Services Office.

STEP 1: Meet with the director or learning specialist to discuss your accommodations. It is preferred that your paperwork is handed in in advance.    

A. Fill out a registration form (fill-able form, click "view" then "Edit document")             

B. Provide documentation supporting your request. 

For most students, "documentation" is your IEP or 504 plan from your high school AND the most recent psychological-educational evaluation.  If this does not apply to you, please read our Documentation Requirements for the acceptable form of documentation to submit.

STEP 2: New students may wish to make an appointment with the Accessibility Assistant once classes start to review the process for testing appointments and discuss any concerns.  Returning students are also welcome to come in for an appointment.

STEP 3: Check your campus email at least a week before classes start. You will have an email with your accommodation letter attached. You can then "Forward" the email to your professors - all of them or just some - depending on which classes you will be using your accommodations.

Note: If you are an individual with a print disability you are eligible for alternate format texts, or also called e-text.  To obtain your e-texts in a timely manner, you should speak with the office as soon as you know your schedule for the following semester.  Be sure to sign up for a free membership to Bookshare where you can get most of your books.

 Download Read and Write Gold to your computer here.  This is a great study tool for ALL students.


Contact us at 518-743-2282    


or come visit us in Warren Hall Room 108


Have you applied to the college yet?  Be sure to see this page.



close X