Applying for Veterans' Education Benefits

Students seeking assistance in applying for Veterans' Education Benefits should contact the NYS Division of Veteran Affairs Office at SUNY Adirondack at (518) 832-7744.

Students Attending College For The First Time

Complete the Veterans' Application to obtain a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility for Educational Benefits:

   * Students applying for Chapter 30, 33, 1606, or 1607 benefits complete VA Form 22-1990.

   * Students applying for Dependents' Benefits: Chapter 35 complete VA Form 22-5490.

After completing this process you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility for Educational Benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Students Who Received Educational Benefits At Another School Before Attending SUNY Adirondack must complete Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.


close X