11/24/15: Wilton Extension Center is closed due to a power outage. Evening classes are canceled.
Important Information Regarding the Post 9/11 GI Bill
Recent Changes to the Post 9/11 GI Bill announced February 25, 2011:
- Effective August 1, 2011, monthly housing benefits will be prorated based upon rate of pursuit, rounded to the nearest multiple of 10. For example: If you are enrolled in 9 credit hours for the Fall 2011 semester when 12 credit hours is considered full time, the VA calculates your rate of pursuit as .75 and you will receive 80% of the applicable Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate.
- Break or interval pay will no longer be covered. This means that BAH will only cover dates that you are attending classes.
In order to be considered full time for BAH purposes:
- For 3 week terms (our Winter session): must be enrolled in 3 or more credit hours.
- For 6 week terms (our First Half or Second Half Summer session): must be enrolled in 4 or more credit hours.
- For 8 week terms (our 8 Week Summer session): must be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
- For 11 week terms (our Full term Summer session): must be enrolled in 8 or more credit hours.
- For Fall and Spring semesters: must be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours.