Campus Safety & Security

Call the Public Safety Office at 518-743-7233 (or ext. 7233 from a campus phone)

report a crime

Crimes in progress and/or any other emergencies on campus can be reported by:

• Using the Emergency Blue Light Phones located on the college grounds next to sidewalks and in parking lots. All Blue Light Phones dial directly to the Warren County Sheriff’s Office 911 Center. Public Safety Officers will be dispatched by the 911 Center to the location of the complaint.
• Using a “Red” phone located in all building corridors.
• Calling the Public Safety Office at 518-743-7233 (or ext. 7233 from a campus phone), or the Facilities Office at ext. 2246 – or by dialing 911.


Read SUNY Adirondack's Public Health Emergency Plan. 

Read the results of SUNY Adirondack's 2023 Sexual Prevalence Campus Climate survey.

Safety 24/7

SUNY Adirondack Peace Officers are ready to help students, faculty and staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Campus safety and law enforcement is coordinated by your campus Public Safety Office, located in the Residence Hall, Room 164. The office has a force of sworn Peace Officers with full arrest powers. Each officer must meet the high standards of training administered by New York State’s Division of Criminal Justice Services and undergo continuous training to upgrade skills.

Campus Public Safety Officers conduct foot and vehicle patrols throughout the campus and residence hall around the clock, 365 days a year.

We need your help

Victims and witnesses can report a crime on a voluntary and confidential basis. Official investigations of criminal offenses are conducted by Public Safety and the appropriate local authority.

All members of the campus community are encouraged to report criminal incidents, emergencies and suspicious activity in a timely manner. All reports are classified, logged and responded to appropriately.

Stay connected

If an incident occurs the college feels may have an effect on the safety and well being of the college community, information concerning the incident will be communicated by one or more of the following channels:

• NY–Alert
• Paper fliers
• Student/staff email
• Bulletin boards
• College website

Protect yourself

Sign up for NY-Alert in Banner Self-Service to receive emergency safety notices.

Carry your card

Full-time and part-time students must have a SUNY Adirondack identification card, which they are expected to carry at all times.

A fee is charged when the cards are issued, and a replacement fee also will be charged for any lost or stolen IDs.

Nursing students are required to get a separate ID for use in the hospital upon clearance form the nursing division.

Get Help

Auto assistance

If you lock your keys in your vehicle in a campus lot or are stranded with a dead battery, contact the Office of Public Safety. An officer will meet you at your vehicle. Lock-out and jump-starting services are free of charge but do require you to sign a waiver before the officer can touch the vehicle.

Personal safety escorts

The Office of Public Safety provides personal safety escorts to all members of the college community, 24 hours per day, every day, unless otherwise indicated.

Lost and found

Any article that is lost or found – including books, keys and wallets – should be reported or returned to the Public Safety Office in the Residence Hall. At the end of each academic year, items left in Lost and Found are destroyed or donated to local agencies.

Keep an inventory

The Public Safety Office encourages students to keep a record of their most valuable possessions. The record should include a description for each item, including size, color, serial number, date of purchase and value. Having the information record makes it easier for the police to identify and return items if recovered after a loss or theft.

Keep records for your:
• Camera
• Television
• DVD player
• Cellphone
• Stereo
• iPod
• Calculator
• Computer
• Game system

Sex Offender Registry

Under the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act of 2000, SUNY Adirondack is required to advise the campus community of where to find information about convicted sex offenders enrolled at the college. Timothy Philmon of Glens Falls, a Level 3 sex offender, is registered as a student for the Spring 2024 semester.
The federal law provides for tracking of convicted sex offenders enrolled at or employed by institutions of higher education. Under state law, sex offenders are required to provide notice to each institution of higher education in the state where the person is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student. In New York state, a sex offender must register with the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS).
There are three levels of risk, based on an offender’s risk of re-offending: Level 1 (low), Level 2 (moderate) and Level 3 (high). The sentencing court determines an offender’s risk level at the time of sentence when the offender is released from custody. Offenders who are classified as “high risk” (Level 3) must register for life unless judicially relieved of that obligation and also must personally verify their address with local law enforcement every 90 days.
Have questions?
·         Please feel free to contact SUNY Adirondack’s Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs at 518-681-5649 (or ext. 5649 from a campus phone)
·         Call New York State’s Sex Offender Registry Information Line at 800-262-3257
·         Visit the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) website
SUNY Adirondack is committed to providing a safe, healthy and equitable learning environment.